Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting involved

I've just been reading at whitehouse.gov

I've never cared to know what was really going on up there, but it's quite interesting. You can read what our new president has been up to in the last couple of days. He's been busy! Of course, when is a president not?

Get on there and read his proclamations and executive orders. Interesting stuff. You can also sign up for email updates.

He'll begin publishing a weekly video address every Saturday of his presidency, starting tomorrow presumably. I plan to watch faithfully!

2 comments:

~M said...

Perhaps I've not been paying attention, I don't know, but I don't recall another president having hit the ground running at such a tremendous pace.

While disappointed at some cabinet stuff, I've been quite pleased with him. My favorite day was day 2 when he addressed Gitmo, torture: two things that have weighed heavily on my heart in the past few years.

It is fascinating though. He's running the Presidency as he ran his campaign: Transparent and energetic. I love it. He's got more work to do than any Prez in modern memory, and I hope he can get it done.

Natalie O. said...

I feel the same way!! I can't tell you what a difference I think transparency is going to make. And even though he's not perfect, dammit he's on the right track.